Redwood and Co. will be the Data Controller of the personal data that you provide to us. Any references to “we”, “us”, “our”, or “the company”, are references to Redwood and Co.
This privacy statement sets out how we gather, use and protect any information that you may provide to us via email, other direct contact from you and/or when using this website www.redwoodandco.com.
By visiting our website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of any third party website that we may provide links to through this website. We advise that you review the privacy statements of those websites as they may be subject to different privacy requirements.
Information we Collect
We retain two types of information:
- Non-Personal Data: like most websites we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system and information such as the website that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website.
- Personal Data: “Personal Data” is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Personal Data is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is retained by Redwood and Co. in a secure manner. By visiting our website you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data on you, apart from information you volunteer by emailing us and by using our online form on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Any information you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties and is used by Redwood and Co. solely for purpose for which you provided it.
Users can use this Website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser.
How your Information is Used
- Non-Personal Data: this information is used in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of how people use the website, e.g. which pages are most popular, which links people find most useful, etc. This helps us to improve the website and provide better information and support for those who use it.
- Personal Data: if you contact us through email or our website online form you will be asked to provide Personal Data such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and mobile number. The information you provide will be used solely for the purpose for which you provided it. Personal Data is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018, subject to certain exceptions, you have the right, free of charge,
- to find out of Redwood and Co. holds personal information about you
- to be given a description of the personal data and to be told the purpose(s) for holding your information.
- to request a copy of your personal data which Redwood and Co. holds about you
- to request that Redwood and Co. corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Redwood and Co. to retain such data
You must make this request in writing to Data Protection Officer, Redwood & Co. The Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor’s Lane, Dublin 8. Please enclose proof of identity and as much specific information as possible in order to assist us locate the data that you are interested in accessing. Redwood and Co. will reply within one month.
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet Service Provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary.
- We retain your personal data submitted through the website ‘Contact Us’ form or by email for the length of time it takes to resolve the query. The information is deleted once this has been completed.
- The only exception to this is if the individual becomes a client. We then retain the information to manage the business relationship for as long it is an active business relationship.
- We retain your personal data to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Disclosure & Third Party Sites
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential as part of their contract with Redwood and Co. and adhere to the Data Protection Acts.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
This privacy statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website to which this website contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the website does not imply endorsement of the linked website by us.
Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your personal data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of the Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your personal data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be offered an opportunity to opt-out.
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
Data Protection Officer, Redwood and Co., The Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor’s Lane, Dublin 8. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 25th May 2018